The great Garrison Keillor opines that no one should buy potato salad from the store -- everyone should know how to make it. And he's right, potato salad is so dead easy that it can be done by anyone.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 jumbo eggs, hard boiled
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1-2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 tbsp mayo or Miracle Whip
- salt & pepper to taste
- a dash of paprika
- a dash of curry powder
- boil potatoes until soft but firm (about 20 minutes). Rinse in cool water.
- mash eggs
- Drain potatoes (they should be no more than room temperature)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and thoroughly mix together. Cover and refridgerate until ready to use (at least 2 hours).